Header

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Writer Quotations

" There's nothing to writing.  All you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein. "


" The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say. "


"I try to leave out the parts that people skip."


"I'm not a very good writer, but I'm an excellent rewriter."


"Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart."


" I love being a writer.  What I can't stand is the paperwork."


" To me, the greatest pleasure of writing is not what it's about, but the inner music the words make."


" Writing comes more easily if you have something to say. "


" If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. "


" Writers are not just people who sit down and write.  They hazard themselves.  Every time you compose a book your composition of yourself is at stake."


" Authors and lovers always suffer some infatuation, from which only absence can set them free."

No comments:

Post a Comment