Header

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Answer Some Riddles

Q 1: Can you think of a word that changes both number and gender when you add the letter 'S'?


Ans : Princes to Princess


Q 2 : To cross the water I'm the way,

For water I'm above;

I touch it not, and truth to say,
I neither swim nor move. What am I?


Ans : A bridge


Q 3:  What do the numbers 11, 69, and 88 all have in common?


Ans : They read the same backwards and forward.


Q 4: What word in the English language uses all five vowels plus Y in alphabetical order and uses each one only once?


Ans : Facetiously


Q 5: What five-letter word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it?


Ans : Short


Q 6 : Whoever makes it, tells it not. Whoever takes it, knows it not. Whoever knows it, wants it not. What is it?


Ans :  Counterfeit money


Q 7:  Two bodies have I;

Tho' both join'd in one,

The stiller I stand,

The faster I run.

Ans : An hour glass timer

Q 8 : I have a large money box, 10 inches square and 12 inches tall. Roughly how many pennies can I place in my empty money box?

Ans : Only 1 - after that my box won't be empty!

Q 9 : What is significant about the order of these numbers:

2 3 6 7 1 9 4 5 8

Ans : They are in reverse alphabetical order.


Q 10: How many times can you subtract the number two from the number fifty?

Ans : You can subtract the number two from the number fifty only ONCE. Because after that, the fifty becomes forty eight.



No comments:

Post a Comment